Barbican | London
Lateral conversion of a Grade II listed space designed with respect to the surrounding 1950’s brutalist architecture. The space is set upon fumed oak flooring, with high ceilings and impressive timber framed windows. Drawing on a number of brutalist principles, the interior balances geometric shapes with simple elegant furnishings and lightly toned furniture. The space is maximised for a gathering area - encouraging the focus to shift back to the impressive details of the surrounding geometric junctions.